Front End Developer – Dubai
As a creative technologist, your role is part right brain, part left brain, a bridge between ideas and technology. Your role is to come up with creative ideas and translate them technically (and practically), providing innovative solutions that are technology based. You are part producer who can organize insights and interested in investigating and experimenting with emerging platforms and frameworks.
You should be able to analyze a user experience through a behavioral lens and have ability to identify and analyze current and future UX technology trends. You might work across wide areas of technology and require the guidance for creating a user experience that is not only creative, but is grounded in best practices, valid UI and underlying architecture recommendations and solid design theory and technical proof-of-concepts. The ideal candidate will also be well versed in the ideation and visual design of campaigns across multiple media and creating storytelling within the overall marketing mix. A kick-butt software developer and prototyper that is passionate about creating engaging experiences.
The Creative Technologist (CT) designs and grows a client’s brand with the agency on an ongoing and project basis. They will function as a key member of the creative team responsible for creating, iterating, presenting, and delivering exceptional design solutions that exceed client expectations. In this role, the CT insures that the agency provides:
- Sound and responsible marketing counseling and planning.
- Conceptual visual / prototype creation of ideas spanning all areas of integrated communication, branding and interactive programs.
- Proper and innovative execution of work in all areas on schedule.
- Deliver a consistently superior creative product.
- A collaborative approach to the user-centered design process.
- Innovative solutions and experiences.
- Sound code.
- Bachelor’s Degree of Interaction Design, Software Engineering or equivalent education and experience.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience designing interactive web and mobile applications
- Proven ability in implementing Canvas and CSS3 based animations, transitions, and behaviors
- Proven experience with touchscreen, cross-browser compatibility, fluid layouts and adaptive layouts
- Fluency in the principles of user-centered design methods, information architecture, usability, and interface and interaction design
- A broad portfolio of dev work demonstrating expertise in at least 2 major areas of UX design.
- A strong knowledge of the various software options used in the field for design and rapid prototyping (Adobe Creative Suite, OmniGraffle, and Axure, Invision)
- A firm grasp of a range of UX tools, processes, and outcomes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills demonstrated through a comfortability in presenting work and actively gathering feedback, both internally and with clients
- An enthusiasm for keeping up to date on current topics in the field to inspire and inform client work and organizational culture
- Excellent organizational, time management, and multitasking capabilities
- Interest in and aptitude for creative business and marketing solutions
- Will make fun of my coding skills
- Self motivated and willing to expand knowledge
- Ability to self-manage while managing assigned teams and projects.
- Capability to work on simultaneous projects and meet tight deadlines.
The CT position requires ongoing and in-depth interactions with the following: The CT reports to the Digital HOD. As assigned, the CT has overall responsibility for designing the client’s front-end & user experience design effort. Within the agency, the CT is a development leader for the client and works closely with all agency personnel in developing and executing deliverables. The CT may direct client contact with assigned agency clients. Must have great communication skills.
Contact Startup Ummah for application instructions.